cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about plugin/platform --save: src vs version?
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 18:46:31 GMT
Yes, words are hard.

re:
> Jesse - are you suggesting that rather than having a name and a ?version
> attribute, we instead store them in a single attribute, something like
the
> following?
> <engine param="windows@^1.2.3"  />

Yes, but I had only thought of it in a plugin context.

afaik: these are all the ways we can use 'cordova plugin add'

//1. Install by unique name, registry is used to lookup
cordova plugin add plugin-name

//2. Install by unique name, registry is used to lookup, specific version
cordova plugin add plugin-name@version

//3. Install from local folder
cordova plugin add local-path

//4. Install from a repo
cordova plugin add someURI.git

//5. Install from a repo with a specific branch, tag or commit
cordova plugin add someURI.git#r0.2.0

//6. Install from a repo in a specific subdirectory
cordova plugin add someURI.git#:/my/sub/dir

I have no idea what the right terminology would be to encompass all of this.
Presumably also, if we receive an argument as in #1, we should also store
the version number as if we were called like #2

@purplecabbage
risingj.com