cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Camden <raymondcam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some thoughts/questions on the new --save feature
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2015 02:37:01 GMT
On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Mefire O. <ommenjik@microsoft.com> wrote:
> - autosave IS a released feature. The 4.3.0 release includes it.
> - I don't think the feature may go away, I think it just feels dirty to instruct users
to directly edit the .cordova/config.json file. It doesn't seem to me like it contributes
a good user experience.
> - I like the idea of having a command to hide this from the user as suggested by Jesse
: 'cordova config [--global] autosave true|false'.

I think having a CLI feature would be nice, but theres nothing wrong
w/ documenting the file it is stored in as well. If - in ten years
time - we have numerous settings, it would be nice to have a simple
way of copying that to a new machine. Knowing it is in
~/.cordova/config.json would tell me what to copy.