cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Camden <raymondcam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Proposal: Deprecate/No-Op Battery Plugin
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 02:47:27 GMT
On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 9:37 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you use the Battery plugin on Android, it will drain your battery.  It's
> been a known issue for almost a year, and there's been this issue in JIRA:

I'd like to think I'm a pretty involved user - not a contributor - and
I use Jira to file issues. But I don't think I've ever gone through
and tried to read every single issue.

Maybe because I assumed that an issue like this would be kinda
critical and actually documented.

Does no one else seriously think this is a Big Freaking Deal?

> No, because someone has to actually update the docs to do that, and they'd
> be subject to the Apache release process.

And everyone here is perfectly ok with this? With the vast majority of
users using a plugin that may be detrimental to their apps, and by
proxy, detrimental to Cordova (and PhoneGap) as a whole...

because we can't get a ONE sentence (what Joe said above) posted to the doc?

I've rewritten this last paragraph a few times now because I don't
want to be rude. I love this project, but as a user, this is
maddening. Obviously I must be wrong about this being a big deal.