cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Camden <raymondcam...@gmail.com>
Subject Some thoughts/questions on the new --save feature
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 14:27:09 GMT
1) Is there any reason why --save isn't true by default? It would seem
that in a majority of cases I'd want to save my plugins to the
configuration file. I definitely see times when I would *not* want to
do so, but it seems like that would be the minority of cases.

2) This is probably an edge case, but...

One of the things I do when building Cordova examples is put up my www
folder in a repo. My thinking is that my readers can grab the repo,
and then make a new project and use --copy-from to grab the folder.
This gives them my www crap and lets them go crazy.

For plugins, I've been using a readme file to tell users what to do.

I'd like to make use of this new feature to persist plugins and save
users at least one step. (In theory they would just need to add the
platform they want to test on.)

But in order to do so, I can't just ship the www folder, I have to
ship an entire Cordova project. That isn't a big deal per se, but it
does mean they would need to copy a folder manually, possibly modify
the app id, and then start working on the assets.

Given that I think my use case is probably pretty minor, is there some
thought as to how one could distribute sample code and make use of
this feature?