cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@google.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] publishing cordova-app-hello-world to npm and adding as dependency of cordova-lib
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 19:32:52 GMT
This came up in the context of whitelist discussion, but wanted to bring it
to everyones attention.

JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-8597

We would like the default app to support installing the whitelist plugin
automatically using the new plugin auto-restore feature (If you disagree,
discuss on the whitelist thread, that is not the topic of this post).

However, the cordova-lib create script cannot support this feature right
now anyway (that is the topic of this post).  I've outlined in the JIRA how
we could fix that (open to feedback).

TLDR; --copy-from already supports this, so lets just vastly simplify
cordova-lib create.js to just always do a --copy-from (or --link-to), and
change cordova-cli to provide the default
--copy-from=./node_modules/cordova-app-hello-world.

This also implies we can remove our last use of lazy_load from cordova-lib
(minus explicit git clones or platforms/plugins), and npm all the things!

It also means a semver MAJOR change to cordova-lib that downstreams
directly using cordova-lib's create will need to adjust to.

Thoughts?

-Michal