cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Deprecation of Config and the embedded use case (4.0.x related)
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 01:25:50 GMT
Carlos, thats great, then perhaps you could give 4.0 embedded webview a
shot to confirm that it is still adequately supported for your customers?

I think this thread has been too much talk and not enough trying it out in
practice.  Everyone agrees the use case is important, what's left is to
confirm we got it right.

-Michal

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 8:58 PM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I just want to add that Joe is not alone on thinking that are developers
> with this use case.
> For us we have customers that start with Native Android alone, and then
> later want to add a Cordova Web View to a portion of their App.
> And they want an easy way to add a Cordova Web View.
> For 4.x, I would assume that the developer can choose to make this embedded
> Cordova Web View CrossWalk based.
>

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That's why we have tests! I just changed the activity and saw that we
> have
> > one failure.  I'm not sure why this test in particular is failing, since
> > there's too many assertions in one method, so I'll have to try and debug
> it
> > today.
> >
> > The thing is that if we're deprecating something and replacing it with
> > something else, we should write tests for it.  Releasing a 4.0.x and
> > changing how we embed a WebView by changing class names but not fixing up
> > the deprecation is bizzare.
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 7:15 AM Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I wanted to make sure that I didn't break the old way of doing things.

> > you

> think
> > > it's
> > have