cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Darryl Pogue <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Cordova-Android 4.0.0 Release
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 21:47:12 GMT
On 2 March 2015 at 13:37, Joe Bowser <> wrote:
> So, right now the whitelist changes are what's holding up the 4.0.0 release
> now?  Is this really the only thing that's holding up this release?
> On Wed Feb 25 2015 at 1:18:26 PM Andrew Grieve <> wrote:
>> I think we'll also need to finish with the whitelist changes & have both
>> the legacy and new-way whitelist plugins released before we can do a 4.0.0
>> release (otherwise you wouldn't be able to write an app that hits the
>> network)

Just FYI, the whitelist stuff is proving to be a bit of a pain point.
I'm using cordova-android@master, and need to install the
legacy-whitelist plugin in order to make network requests. Once the
plugin is installed, everything seems to work.

The problem is that the legacy-whitelist plugin generates compile
errors with cordova-ios@3.8.0, so now I can't just run `cordova
build`, I need to split the platforms up and install/uninstall the
plugin in between. If someone makes a dev build for Android and
forgets the plugin, it will appear to build successfully but not
actually function properly due to the whitelist.

I know, this is all pre-release, so pain is somewhat expected right
now. I'm worried about the case where cordova-android@4.0.0 is
released and cordova-ios@3.8.0 is still current, and how people can
avoid whitelist breakage there.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: