cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mefire O. <ommen...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Some thoughts/questions on the new --save feature
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 20:36:34 GMT
Yep, I think both options should be documented.

Thanks,
Mefire

-----Original Message-----
From: agrieve@google.com [mailto:agrieve@google.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Grieve
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2015 11:28 AM
To: dev
Subject: Re: Some thoughts/questions on the new --save feature

I don't have strong feelings about this.

When designing this, some wanted to have --save be default, some wanted to match npm for the
sake of matching npm. In the end both ways were implemented.

I don't think we need to spend a lot of time on strategizing this. If some one wants to doc
it, go for it.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Victor Sosa <sosah.victor@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, to me this file is a good way to automate the autosave feature
> just as Gorkem is pointing (configure the JSON file, add plugins in
> the usual way with cordova plugin add and share your project, no flags
> needed to simply allow a good, or best,  SCM practice), but it has
> been mentioned that the consensus is to not promote it, does this mean
> at some point the support will be dropped? Is it considered experimental?

> > On 5 Mar 2015, at 12:01, Raymond Camden wrote:
> >
> >  "just one way of doing things"
> >>
> >> This confuses me though. It seemed as if this new config (I mean
> >> new to me) was a way to configure the CLI. Is there another way to
> >> configure the CLI? With the example that was given (default to auto
> >> save) being a preference for the tooling - can we accomplish that
> >> another way?
> >>

> > That is the only way to enable auto save.
> > That preference is originally added for IDEs, build servers etc.
> > that use CLI.
> > However I think it does provide a more natural flow at least for me.
> > If
> we
> > think we do not like config.json
> > then we should think about a more acceptable way to enable that
> > functionality.
> >

> >  On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Andrew Grieve
> > <agrieve@chromium.org>

> one
> knobs.

> raymondcamden@gmail.com