cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: (Mobile spec) Replace dependency plugin with plugin list parameter in createmobilespec
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 23:34:07 GMT
+1 for this improvement to createmobilespec.js.

As Josh pointed out, createmobilespec.js was testing plugin dependencies as a side effect
of its implementation detail. In fact, there was no specific asserts or validation done to
ensure that the plugin dependency feature worked.

Tests for plugin dependency should be tackled separately and designed purposefully.

Thanks,
Nikhil

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Soref [mailto:jsoref@blackberry.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 8:36 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: (Mobile spec) Replace dependency plugin with plugin list parameter in createmobilespec

One disadvantage of this is that it means plugin dependencies aren't
necessarily tested by most cordova developers.

The BlackBerry 10 default plugin system includes a couple of dependencies,
and plugin management has had a tendency to be fairly fragile/broken.

I'm not opposed to going this way, but if we do, then I'd request that there
be a dummy plugin with a dependency (actually, probably with a
grand-dependent too) just for the purposes of ensuring that default testing
covers these cases.

Also