cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Cordova WP8: switching to Newtonsoft.Json
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 18:58:31 GMT
Interesting - good point. I'm curious what's the scenario for specifying request header values
as an array?

Do they result in a comma-separated list of strings. https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer/pull/72
can be potentially enhanced to support this particular scenario.

There is no doubt Newtonsoft is more robust way to do this, but it's got diminishing returns
for the work if we have tackled the primary use cases.

Thanks,
Nikhil

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse [mailto:purplecabbage@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:37 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cordova WP8: switching to Newtonsoft.Json

Nikhil, that pull request does not resolve this. Using DataContractJsonSerializer will fail
for nested objects.
There is no guarantee that jsonHeaders is just a dictionary of string,string.
In fact, I'm pretty sure this test will fail :
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer/blob/master/tests/tests.js#L856

@purplecabbage
risingj.com