cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <>
Subject RE: Who Runs
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 00:33:16 GMT
Thanks, Michael for the detailed information. On a related note, who owns

It seems to be running an old/stale version of medic + BuildBot. There is a newer version
now hosted on Apache Infra but it's got a long url :

Wonder if there is a way for to point to the above version instead?

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Michael Brooks
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: Who Runs

Hi Dmitry,

I own and pay for the domain. When it comes to domains, the general rules within
Apache are:

1. URLs that point to official Apache resources (e.g. must redirect to the official URL and not mask it. This ensures that the
project is recognized as an official Apache project. We do this for,,

2. Apache prefers to not have the word "apache" in the third-party domain because ownership
can be deceiving. is okay. is misleading.

For those interested, I'll describe some of the history of
During the donation of PhoneGap to Apache, I registered the domain. In my naivety,
I thought we could use it as the official Apache Cordova domain (CNAME style like Github Page).
However, after talking with our Apache mentor, I learned what I stated above (redirect and
make it clear that the domain is not apache property). Regardless, I decided to keep the domain
around because it's shorter, verbally easier to spread by word-of-mouth (e.g.,
and cleaner for presentation slide decks.

The entire Adobe team has access to the DNS management of the domain. If anyone else on the
Apache Cordova project would like to add a subdomain, I'm all for it! Likewise, if you want
a subdomain removed, let's talk about i!