cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [CLI] Default target when not specified for "build", "compile"?
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 01:33:13 GMT
FWIW, on WP8 I made a fix a month back for 'cordova run' to pick device if plugged in &
fallback to emulator to match Android behavior. For windows & wp8, building itself for
device or emulator is not different currently.

Can we detect the build failure in iOS because of signing cert/provisioning profile issue
and fallback to emulator? Of course, if this detection is slow - it might be a bit annoying
for existing users who use cordova run instead of cordova emulate with the intention to launch
it on the emulator.

Thanks,
Nikhil

-----Original Message-----
From: Shazron [mailto:shazron@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 3:09 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [CLI] Default target when not specified for "build", "compile"?

Defaulting to device might be problematic on iOS: sure we can detect if a device is attached
(using iso-deploy), but the build might fail because a signing cert/provisioning profile is
not valid (I think the only way to check is to just build, I might be wrong).

The only "guaranteed" way it will always run is through emulator (at least on iOS).