cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject Cordova WP8: switching to Newtonsoft.Json
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 09:04:59 GMT
This[1] PR is being opened for a while so let's make a final decision if we switch to Newtonsoft.Json
 or reject it.

The idea of adding Newtonsoft.Json (MIT license) [1] looks good to me and I can quickly add
necessary improvements to make sure everything looks good and works - as per mobile spec tests
there are no new issues found.

But I'm not sure about our policies regarding adding new third party dependencies. Should
it be discussed/voted here before merge? Does it documented somewhere?

PS. If we go w/ Newtonsoft.Json   I propose to just add reference to compiled dll and not
to keep source code due to size(200kb vs 19mb) and compile time reasons.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-wp8/pull/62

Thx!
Sergey