cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Treggiari, Leo" <leo.treggi...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Plugins to NPM (Phase 1)
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 19:53:13 GMT
Thanks for the information Steve.  That helps with our planning.  I have a couple of follow-ups.

> We don't necessarily have to do a major bump
> for the CLI. We could easily save the major jump until we switch npm
> fetching as default (approx July 1)

Re: the major bump.  This seems like a "delayed" breaking change.  That is, when CPR is removed,
all prior CLI releases will be "crippled" to a significant degree since no <pluginid>
reference will be able to be resolved.

Re: ~July 1:  Would you verify my understanding?  For a <pluginid> reference which is
not in the mapping table, from ~Apr to ~July 1, CPR will be tried first and if that fails
then npm.  From ~July 1 to ~Oct 1, npm will be tried first and if that fails then the CPR.
 After ~Oct 1, only npm.

Thanks,
Leo