cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <>
Subject back button on IAB Android
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 16:27:30 GMT
Sorry to be absent for so long, product work here is eating me up.

After a customer question, I noticed the behavior of the system Back button on the InAppBrowser
on Android. In the scenario where the user navigates a couple of pages forward in the IAB,
when they hit the system Back button the app will go back to the previous activity instead
of backing up a page in the IAB's page history. This behavior does feel odd to me.

I looked at WP8, and the system Back button there will back up a page in the IAB's page history
(until there are no pages left). This seems to be a more natural/expected behavior.

I found an outstanding pull request that would appear to address this on Android:

Is there any concern in the IAB adopting this as the default behavior of the Back button on
Android? It would put it in alignment with WP8. If there are no concerns, I can handle the
pull request, and do test and docs.