cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Gorkem Ercan" <gorkem.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some thoughts/questions on the new --save feature
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 17:17:56 GMT

On 5 Mar 2015, at 12:01, Raymond Camden wrote:

> "just one way of doing things"
>
> This confuses me though. It seemed as if this new config (I mean new
> to me) was a way to configure the CLI. Is there another way to
> configure the CLI? With the example that was given (default to auto
> save) being a preference for the tooling - can we accomplish that
> another way?

That is the only way to enable auto save.
That preference is originally added for IDEs, build servers etc. that
use CLI.
However I think it does provide a more natural flow at least for me. If
we think we do not like config.json
then we should think about a more acceptable way to enable that
functionality.

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>> I don't think they are documented. There's really no settings in
>> there
>> (besides this one) that anyone would ever need to use. So this would
>> be the
>> time to add docs. However, I do think we should try and promote just
>> one
>> way of doing things before branching pointing out there are hidden
>> knobs.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Raymond Camden
>> <raymondcamden@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Heh, ok, so how about - for the "typical" Cordova user.
>>>
>>> And I'd still like to know where/if the settings for this file are
>>> documented?

>>> gorkem.ercan@gmail.com>

>>> the

It