cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Murat Sutunc <mura...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] cordova-ios 3.8.0 release
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 22:39:00 GMT
Before migration there were a lot of nodejs dependencies already:
Depends on nodejs :
install-device, install-emulator, list-emulator-images, emulate, run, update

Doesn’t depend on nodejs:
list-devices, list-started-emulators, start-emulator, build, clean, log, create

I believe create and build are the important ones here.
To better understand the problem, what are the key scenarios for non-nodejs users? Is it just
for builders?

-----Original Message-----
From: Shazron [mailto:shazron@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 12:19 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] cordova-ios 3.8.0 release

Normally I would say yes, except for this change:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-8197 where all the bash scripts have been converted
to nodejs.
One could say that for CLI users, this is no big deal, but for users using bin/create this
creates a dependency on nodejs now (although this is not new, there were partial changes to
require nodejs in the the previous releases).