cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tommy Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>
Subject Re: I replaced XMLHttpRequest and image loading with a plugin, and wrote up my experiences
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 21:28:04 GMT
Interesting work. I like how you really went the extra mile.

This is essentially what we have had to do at SpiderOak in order to have
certificate pinning in a Cordova app.

We use the Cordova-HTTP plugin[1] and a JavaScript shim to send all of our
xhr API calls through it, then we have a modified fork of the file-transfer
plugin for downloading files etc. Both of these plugins support certificate
pinning and, by the end of this week, certificate authentication as well.

Have you considered adding certificate pinning to your plugin to make it a
more secure option than the browser xhr?