cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tommy Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>
Subject Re: Thoughts on CB-7827
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 21:12:28 GMT
I apologise for how anglo-chauvanist my response was. I guess I didn't
really understand CB-6511... This isn't a bug that just affects some
external group of developers, It caused quite a bit of trouble for me
personally in my day job. I have had to revert to a lesser version of
Cordova until something is worked out after spending a great deal of time
trying to figure out what was going wrong.

Are you saying that the inability to create apps with a display name in
these languages has been an issue for Cordova/PhoneGap's entire history
until a few months ago? Yikes.

Either way, please don't put the onus on developers to have to remember to
name their app every time they run platform add. Particularly if we were
working towards a day when platforms are a build artifact.

I know we talk a lot about having too much config, but perhaps if the issue
was around for all apps prior to a few months ago, it should default to the
way it was previously... and have display name configurable in some way?

It feels backwards to favour new apps over existing. I hesitate to bring up
the past since it has gotten soooo much better, but there was certainly a
time when Cordova constantly changed in ways that caused a great deal of
frustration when trying to maintain an existing app.
 On 14 Feb 2015 7:08 am, "Andrew Grieve" <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:

> Hmm, for cloud builders, it's also important that it show up in config.xml.
> You've won me over. :)
>
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Connor Pearson <cjp822@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd prefer the activity name to be saved somewhere rather than relying on
> > adding the option each time. I'm also not sure how the flag would work
> with
> > the auto save/restore of platforms.
> >
> > There really shouldn't be any reason change the activity name. I think
> the
> > app name is more likely to change and that also requires renaming files.
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Right. I'm suggesting adding the flag to "cordova platform add"

> > the
> > the
> > want
> > flag

> > with

> http://callback.markmail.org/message/vx5zklk57uic3iig?q=list:org%2Eapache%2Eincubator%2Ecallback-dev+New+project+%3CPATH%3E+vs%2E+%3CNAME%3E+order:date-backward

Cordova
> > bug.

> > > http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2011/06/things-that-cannot-ch
> developers
> of

> > fix

> the

> name

> > willing
> > the

> KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCB
   K[XZ[