cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Independent Platform Releases and JIRA
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 14:43:49 GMT
Hey

I know that we have this bad habit of prioritizing what we do on the
mailing list instead of using JIRA, but when looking at JIRA today for
organizing the Cordova-Android 4.0.x release, I noticed that we don't have
the JIRA setup for independent platform releases.  The main reason this is
a problem is that it makes planning for a sprint harder.

For example, Andrew posted a laundry list of what he wanted to see before
4.0.0 is out.  It would have been nice to just have a clear release
milestone with those tasks in it to quickly burn through, or at the very
least look at. However, there's a bunch of extra noise to sort through.  I
know that we could save a filter, but I don't know if we can make a filter
have all the same features as a release in JIRA.

This is pretty low priority, but perhaps we should figure out how to use
JIRA with the new way we're doing releases now?

Thoughts?

Joe