cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova generated .apk file encrypt
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 18:54:42 GMT
Why is this a problem?  We currently do not support this use case and do
not have any plans to as far as I'm aware.  Anyone can unzip any APK and
dedex the code to see the Java as well.  This often leads to hilarious
commentary on profanity in what people believed would be private code.

If you have code that you wish to have secret, you really need to make sure
that logic exists entirely on the server side under your control.  Trying
to use cryptography to hide your code on an Android project is probably
just going to end in tears.