cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject [Review] Plugins Package.json
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 00:50:45 GMT
Please review at
https://github.com/stevengill/cordova-plugin-device/blob/npmpub/package.json

You will notice that I added cordova-PLATFORM as a keyword.

I have also kept the platforms tag for now. I can remove it but maybe we
can find some future use for it. We currently need it when publising to CPR
but can add/rm it during plugman publish.

I am going to create a createpackagejson command in plugman that will build
something like this from plugin.xml. Other plugin devs will be able to use
this command to quickly add package.json files to their plugins.

I will then modify plugman publish to use the createpackagejson command if
needed. Plugman publish will still have to add the contents of the readme
(or doc/index.md) to the package.json as well as the platforms tag if we
decide to remove it. It will also have to change the package-name field to
package-id when publishing to CPR. Once published, we can remove these
changes package.json.

If the package.json file looks good, I'm going to start adding one to all
of our plugins.