cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Bavari <jbav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maintaining App Data When Switching WebViews
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 21:05:42 GMT
Andrew,

Here at Ionic, we've had a few users request something like this. My
approach has been to create a Cordova plugin, that takes the following
steps:

Creates an instance of the original webview
Executes some JS inside the webview that will grab all entries for
localstorage
If Android pre KIT_KAT or more, executed JS calls a JSInterface to pass the
data back to native land
If KIT_KAT or greater, calls evaluateJavascript
Those values are read, and passed back to the original webview
>From there, it'd go through the keys, and add them into the new webview

See this repo for my work in progress:
https://github.com/driftyco/cordova-plugin-local-storage-retrieval

--