cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <>
Subject Re: Adding unit tests to travis for Android/iOS
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 21:57:26 GMT
Currently cordova-ios, cordova-android, cordova-windows, cordova-wp8 all
have travis||appveyor integration in their github mirrors.

These tests should definitely be extended to include much much more.  For
the most part they are currently just testing project creation, but ios and
android can run on travisCI emulators so we can include runtime platform
tests also.

On a similar note, I have been working on plugin tests via what I have been
calling cordova-paramedic [1]

Essentially cordova-paramedic takes a platform and a plugin, creates the
project, installs the plugin, installs the plugin tests, installs
cordova-plugin-test-framework and runs the tests. There is also a local
server started, and the medic.json file points back to it, so the command
line running the tests via the emulator can see the results.

I have this working for the device && file plugins on ios[2] via my own
forks.  We are going to need INFRA to setup the github appveyor+travis
integration for EVERY core plugin.  I will be writing considerably more
about this in the next couple weeks, I am currently working through some
issues with wp8 emulator (a vm) being run on a vm in appveyor land, as the
emulator and servers are on different virtual networks.

[1] ... provides advanced levels of care at the point of illness or injury

Results:: ran 8 specs with 0 failures