cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <>
Subject Re: Cordova generated .apk file encrypt
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 22:39:28 GMT
  Like Joe said you can't encrypt your web code (i.e. javascript), at the
end of the day it needs to be parse by the webview in plain text.

Most you can do is obfuscate by using a tools like [1] uglifyjs to remove
comments, and do minification, their are others this is just one.
you can run uglifyjs automatically using a cordova cli hook, you can take a
look here how people are using hooks in their cordova workflow

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Joe Bowser <> wrote:

> Why is this a problem?  We currently do not support this use case and do
> not have any plans to as far as I'm aware.  Anyone can unzip any APK and
> dedex the code to see the Java as well.  This often leads to hilarious
> commentary on profanity in what people believed would be private code.
> If you have code that you wish to have secret, you really need to make sure
> that logic exists entirely on the server side under your control.  Trying
> to use cryptography to hide your code on an Android project is probably
> just going to end in tears.
> On Fri Feb 13 2015 at 10:50:47 AM Danish Khan <> wrote:
> > HI,
> >
> > First i would like to thank you for creating cordova. I have made one
> > application which is based on jquery mobile base in cordova. The only
> issue
> > is i want to encrypt .apk file because any body can change .apk extension
> > to .zip file & can view all the assest folder html files. i want to
> encrypt
> > that please guide me and help how can i encrypt that files.
> >
> > Your earlier reply will be highly appreciated
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,
> >
> > Danish

Carlos Santana