cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <>
Subject Re: CB-8444: Proposal to deprecate the clobber of by InAppBrowser
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 13:14:39 GMT
Open question: do we even need to clobber a symbol, or would
cordova.require('org.apache.cordova.iab').open() suffice?

Could we leave compatibility by default, but support opting-in to the
switch now?  Perhaps a <runs/> flag in the plugin and clobber
from javascript only if a <preference name="IABShouldNotClobberWindowOpen">
is not set, instead of using unconditional <clobbers/> from plugin.xml?
That may have a slight implication about when the clobber happens during
startup, but is unlikely to be an issue in practice.