cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [iOS 8] WKWebView moving forward
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 21:15:52 GMT
Some have been asking -- why not use that Telerik plugin?

1. Swizzling will potentially come with some headaches in the future.
As it is currently, the Telerik plugin swaps implementations for an
AppDelegate function. So whatever changes we have in the AppDelegate
function in the future, it will be lost. The plugin could call the old
implementation as well (it does not do so currently), but of course
this could create problems as is. This would be hard to maintain with
potential future changes.

2. The Telerik plugin will not work if you have any file:// url
references when using the core Camera and File plugins. The pluggable
webview  (wkwebview-engine) and local httpserver proposed will have a
solution for this (still a work in progress, needs testing). The
Telerik plugin can of course copy from our proposed code to solve this
problem.

Blog post upcoming, I think, where I can just gather all info
regarding the planned work -- for the general public and not just us
devs.