cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Cordova-Android 4.0.0 Release
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:39:13 GMT
I've finished playing with third-party plugins. If anyone else wants to
have fun with them, use --thirdpartyplugins in createmobilespec.js, and
then find the manual test for them.

TLDR - most compiled/worked fine. Two that interacted with Views a lot had
lots of compile errors, but in the end I don't think there's a good way to
fix them on our end.

I've also taken some time to try and eliminate copy & paste between
AndroidWebView and XWalkWebView. I'd love to get some feedback on the
changes (and hopefully get them in). More info /w PRs here:

Another thing that came out of looking at these plugins is that they add in
their own Layout, or have logic to handle various parent layout. So... I
think we'd be fine (and should) delete our top-level LinearLayout. Plugins
and embedders can easily add in layouts if they want.

Still waiting on a tools release for 3.7.1.
Still need to update platform docs for 4.0.0

But... I think that's it! (unless I'm missing something)