cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Cordova-Android 4.0.0 Release
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 18:19:02 GMT
They would need to do similar to the PR for xwalk. It's actually a lot less
code now to implement a custom engine, so I think it makes geckoview much
more feasible.

The embedded case (I'm guessing you mean layout xml?) is one of the unit
tests. Have a look here:
https://github.com/agrieve/cordova-android/blob/engine/test/src/org/apache/cordova/test/CordovaWebViewTestActivity.java

If we delete LinearLayout, we just pass the WebView itself to
setContentView(). It will still have a FrameLayout as a parent (which is
the unchangeable root View of all Activities)

For reference, here's now NativePageTransitions inserts their own Layout:
https://github.com/Telerik-Verified-Plugins/NativePageTransitions/blob/master/src/android/NativePageTransitions.java#L74

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, I know that XWalk is the only production-ready WebView right now, but
> what would other third party providers need to implement/change for their
> webviews to work? Also, I'm not clear how the embedded CordovaWebView use
> case would work in this scenario.  If we delete the LinearLayout, what do
> we attach our view for the default use case?
>
> On Thu Feb 19 2015 at 10:39:59 AM Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>
> > I've finished playing with third-party plugins. If anyone else wants to
> > have fun with them, use --thirdpartyplugins in createmobilespec.js, and
> > then find the manual test for them.
> >
> > TLDR - most compiled/worked fine. Two that interacted with Views a lot
> had
> > lots of compile errors, but in the end I don't think there's a good way
> > fix them on our end.
> >
> > I've also taken some time to try and eliminate copy & paste between
> > AndroidWebView and XWalkWebView. I'd love to get some feedback on the
> > changes (and hopefully get them in). More info /w PRs here:

> > Another thing that came out of looking at these plugins is that they add
> in
> > their own Layout, or have logic to handle various parent layout. So... I
> > think we'd be fine (and should) delete our top-level LinearLayout.
> Plugins
> > and embedders can easily add in layouts if they want.
> >
> > Still waiting on a tools release for 3.7.1.
> > Still need to update platform docs for 4.0.0
> >
> > But... I think that's it! (unless I'm missing something)
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:11 PM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org>
> > wrote:

> > whatever
> > > >

> > > So, Crosswalk 10 (and, I believe, 11) work great for Cordova. There is
> > > failing test in File Transfer, though, that appears to be a threading
> > issue
> > > causing a NPE deep inside of OkHTTP.
> > >
> > > It's very similar to a bug we solved almost a year ago:
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-6378, except that it's
> > happening
> > > in a different method, and while the last time, the cause was obvious
> > > (connections opened on one thread, and closed on another), this time
> > > everything *should* be happening on the same thread.
> > >
> > > I've just created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-8431 if you
> > > want
> > > to take a look. I haven't had the chance to really dig into where the
> > error
> > > is coming from yet, but I'll take a closer look tomorrow.
> > >
> > > Ian

I can