cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Move platform parsers from CLI to platforms
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 14:45:22 GMT
Been thinking about this as well, and one part I'm not 100% sure about is
having this logic at create-time vs prepare-time vs plugin-add time.

create-time - easy to see we just put it in cordova-FOO and allow deps
within package.json

prepare/plugin-add time though, should we relay on having the correct
version of cordova-FOO around to use, or should we copy this logic into
platforms/FOO/cordova?

Moving these files into each repo will certainly make refactoring harder.
E.g., making a change to the API now requires a version check + still
supporting the old API + also supporting the new API. Still think this is
worth doing, but I think we should also consider sanity-checking our API
surface to ensure that it makes the most sense (e.g. all APIs that may have
to do IO should return promises, even if they are sync right now).