cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mefire O. <>
Subject RE: Adding unit tests to travis for Android/iOS
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 21:38:28 GMT
+1 on integrating platform tests into CI.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Bowser []
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: Adding unit tests to travis for Android/iOS

+1.  I know Travis has JUnit integration and thanks to Android Studio,
only easy way to debug Cordova without copying and pasting code out of a generated project
is to open the test project.  There should be no excuse to not write tests since it's harder/more
annoying to use the CLI when working on platforms, since you need to make sure you copy everything
you changed.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015, 1:22 PM Murat Sutunc <> wrote:

> There has been a lot of discussion about tests lately and I feel the
> urge to jump in and make some suggestions regarding the way we test
> things. I'm still fairly new in the community and sometimes don't have
> the whole background story, so please if I'm missing something let me know.
> Currently we have bunch of platforms with failing tests. I'm assuming
> that, when these tests were first added, they were all passing. My
> theory is that over time platforms moved forward but tests remain
> stagnant and now bunch of them are failing. I think we should consider
> running these tests automatically to ensure:
> a)      We keep maintaining unit-tests tests regularly
> b)      We run all unit tests before checking in code
> c)       Reduce the friction for new developers
> For unit tests, I think it's a good idea to integrate them into CI builds.
> This will probably add some extra time on travis/appveyor but it
> shouldn't take more than 1hr. I think it's a fair trade off to wait
> some more and have an overall more stable Cordova. We can always skip
> the CI build step if it's an urgent fix (security, critical bug, etc).
> I've checked travis and both iOS and Android configs come with SDK
> tools preinstalled, so there are no blockers to going forward with this.
> Thoughts?
View raw message