cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Lantz <cla...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Plugin history purged from registry?
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2015 00:30:04 GMT
So that would indicate things are recoverable at least - Odd that http://registry.cordova.io/org.apache.cordova.geolocation/0.3.11
returns json with the version not found message.  That would seem to mirror what you see on
the site.

-Chuck

From: Steven Gill [mailto:stevengill97@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2015 3:42 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Cc: Chuck Lantz
Subject: Re: Plugin history purged from registry?

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com<mailto:stevengill97@gmail.com>>
wrote:
plugman info org.apache.cordova.geolocation still lists all of the old versions and as far
as I can tell the attachments are still available.

You can still download them by going to:

Current version: http://registry.cordova.io/org.apache.cordova.geolocation/-/org.apache.cordova.geolocation-0.3.12.tgz
Old Version: http://registry.cordova.io/org.apache.cordova.geolocation/-/org.apache.cordova.geolocation-0.3.11.tgz

Looking into what is going on. Seems like registry failing to redirect. Also very strange
that the plugins site stop listing old versions

Successful call:
npm http GET http://registry.cordova.io/org.apache.cordova.geolocation
npm http 200 http://registry.cordova.io/org.apache.cordova.geolocation
npm http GET http://cordova.iriscouch.com/registry/_design/app/_rewrite/org.apache.cordova.geolocation/-/org.apache.cordova.geolocation-0.3.12.tgz
npm http 200 http://cordova.iriscouch.com/registry/_design/app/_rewrite/org.apache.cordova.geolocation/-/org.apache.cordova.geolocation-0.3.12.tgz

Failing call:
Fetching plugin "org.apache.cordova.geolocation@0.3.11<mailto:org.apache.cordova.geolocation@0.3.11>"
via plugin registry
npm http GET http://registry.cordova.io/org.apache.cordova.geolocation/0.3.11
npm http 404 http://registry.cordova.io/org.apache.cordova.geolocation/0.3.11
Error: version not found: 0.3.11 : org.apache.cordova.geolocation/0.3.11
    at RegClient.<anonymous> (/Users/stevengill/repo/cordova/cordova-lib/cordova-lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-registry-client/lib/request.js:272:14)
    at Request.self.callback (/Users/stevengill/repo/cordova/cordova-lib/cordova-lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/index.js:148:22)
    at Request.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at Request.<anonymous> (/Users/stevengill/repo/cordova/cordova-lib/cordova-lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/index.js:876:14)
    at Request.emit (events.js:117:20)
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/Users/stevengill/repo/cordova/cordova-lib/cordova-lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/index.js:827:12)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:117:20)
    at _stream_readable.js:888:16
    at process._tickCallback (node.js:337:11)

device being 0.3.1-dev is a bug with uploading.

By bug I meant human error. Andrew probably just had his master branch checked out instead
of the release tag when publishing the device plugin.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 3:00 PM, tommy-carlos williams <tommy@devgeeks.org<mailto:tommy@devgeeks.org>>