cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Lantz <cla...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Thoughts on CB-7827
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 15:45:34 GMT
Yeah - The PRs were closed and not merged based on this thread: http://callback.markmail.org/message/vx5zklk57uic3iig?q=list:org%2Eapache%2Eincubator%2Ecallback-dev+New+project+%3CPATH%3E+vs%2E+%3CNAME%3E+order:date-backward

Basically the feature was deferred at the time.

-Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: agrieve@google.com [mailto:agrieve@google.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Grieve
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2015 7:32 AM
To: dev
Subject: Re: Thoughts on CB-7827

All of those PRs are closed...

Thanks for pointing out that article. Makes it quite clear that this is a thing we need to
support.

The android:name is necessitates that a .java file be renamed when it changes, so I don't
think it should be a part of config.xml (annoying to have to move files. esp. when version
control is a thing). So a flag to create makes the most sense to me.

AFICT though, it should be fine that all new apps have a hard-coded android:name. Only existing
apps should need to use the flag.