cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brien Colwell <br...@nextop.io>
Subject Re: I replaced XMLHttpRequest and image loading with a plugin, and wrote up my experiences
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 23:47:04 GMT
Hi Tommy,

Really interesting. I just added a reference to your plugin in the
Nextop plugin docs :)

At the moment Nextop is focused on loading speed with a custom network
stack. Security is a huge issue for us (we want to be a faster and more
secure solution), and we will be pinning at least our own certificate at
some point.

If I had to rank priorities for Nextop, they would be:

1. speed
2. ease of use - be able to use it without any code change
3. security

So it seems like our projects complement each other. It would be rad to
think about a super-set of them.

Brien