cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brien Colwell <br...@nextop.io>
Subject I replaced XMLHttpRequest and image loading with a plugin, and wrote up my experiences
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 10:42:48 GMT
Hi All,

I spent some time researching how much of the webview network stack I
could replace with a Cordova plugin on Android. I wrote a post about it -

https://github.com/nextopio/nextop-client/blob/master/docs/02.16.2015_CUSTOM_XMLHTTPREQUEST.md

The take away is that a Cordova can fully replacing the default XHR and
image loading in the webview for async=true, but it can't do async=false
(but who uses that anyway :/). This is cool because plugins can
experiment with new wire protocols to get data to the client.

Best,
Brien