cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Lantz <cla...@microsoft.com>
Subject Re: Plugin history purged from registry?
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2015 04:17:23 GMT
Yeah Visual Studio is in a similar boat for projects where devs have not used a plugin before.
 (We fortunately switched to storing the plugins in the project in our latest update so existing
projects work.)  We're directing people to use git URIs near term when acquiring plugins.

Steve, let us know if you need assistance. I can chat with folks about pitching in if it would
be helpful. (But know too many cooks can be a problem too.)

From: Nick Martin <nim@meteor.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2015 6:50 PM
To: Steven Gill
Cc: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Plugin history purged from registry?

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your work on this issue. I know it's the weekend, and I
appreciate you going above and beyond.

Do you have any idea if and when old versions of plugins will be restored
to the site? This issue is biting our users pretty hard -- we pin plugins
to stable versions so users are not taken by surprise when new versions
come out. Old versions being missing means none of our users can re-build
or update their apps!

Even a rough order of magnitude estimate would be helpful. We have to
decide if we need to push out an emergency patch release on Monday to
upgrade to the latest versions still in the registry.

Thanks again,
-- Nick