cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: So...can we merge 4.0.x into master yet?
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:20:43 GMT
I just read Adrian Ludwig's post on Plus, I now feel worse about Jelly Bean users. On one hand,
we could communicate all over about loading only trusted content into the webview, but I think
that will be ignored by a lot of devs. On the other hand, we could provide our own webview
by default for 4.0 and above. That would require we drop support for Gingerbread (which I'm
not necessarily against), but also brings with it ownership of the webview and us delivering
security patches for it. Or maybe by default prevent non-local content from being loaded into
the webview. Sigh.