cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: Documentation on Android/Cordova Webview
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:24:55 GMT
Mike Dawson wrote:
>I'm looking to build a Hybrid app version and tried following:
>
>http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/4.0.0/guide_platforms_android_webview.md
>.html#Android%20WebViews
>
>I think this might be a bit out of date.

Well, it isn't technically wrong, IMO it could definitely use some love.

>I am running Cordova 4.2 and
>compiling with API Level 19; all on Ubuntu 14.10 which is all running
>fine for normal cordova and android development.
>
>The documentation says to unzip the download (whereas the main site
>recommends the normal installation using npm).

1. To follow these instructions, make sure you have the latest Cordova
distribution. Download it from cordova.apache.org and unzip its Android
package.

Technically this isn't wrong, if you manage to figure out how to follow
it, you would end up w/ cordova-android as opposed to cordova-cli.

Personally, I'd favor changing the instructions to use the normal `cordova
create` and `cordova platform add android`...

That said, I don't work on cordova-android.

>Is there any more up to date documentation on this?

Probably not

> I did a quick google but couldn't find anything.

>If not once I get through this I'd be happy to contribute a revised
>version of the documentation.

In general, patches are welcome.

https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/blob/master/docs/en/edge/guide/platf
orms/android/webview.md

Is the file, fork the repository, write replacement content,

Follow the instructions starting from:
http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/ContributorWorkflow