cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Staci Cooper <staci....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proposed utility
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 19:10:24 GMT
When I was implementing this I initially did add it as a '--local / -l'
option to the cli. My concern was that it requires the developer to have a
global installation of Cordova even if all they want is the local command.
And assuming the user's global and local installs have different version
numbers, all they would have to do is accidentally omit the -l and they
would unwittingly use the wrong version of Cordova.

I could add it back in as a flag, or have separate 'cordova' and
'cordova-local' commands in
the cli. Or were you suggesting changing the default behavior of the
cordova command to shell
out to local? In which case we could have a flag to turn that behavior off
for backwards
compatibility... or to fallback to the global version if no local version
is found. Hm, I'm not sure..