cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Staci Cooper <staci....@gmail.com>
Subject proposed utility
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 20:41:40 GMT
A while ago I made a utility called cordova-local for managing multiple
local Cordova installations. It's similar to how grunt/grunt-cli works;
once installed globally, you run 'cordova-local' instead of 'cordova' and
it will locate and pass its arguments off to the closest installation.

It's kept and installed independently of the cli but my initial idea was to
keep it in the cordova-cli repo. Since that would complicate the
tools-release/versioning process I closed that PR and would like to propose
including it as a new repo. I added some specs and docs and put it in a
utilities repo that could be used for similar cli-independent tools,
currently here: https://github.com/stacic/cordova-utility. I added some
tests to it and also made PRs for documenting the utility in cordova-docs
<https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/pull/259> and adding it to the
tools release in cordova-coho
<https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/pull/61>.

Opinions? Concerns?