cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Hazem Saleh <>
Subject Re: ApacheCon NA, Austin, April 13-16
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 16:33:59 GMT
Hi Andrew,

I sent a proposal whose title is "Apache Cordova In Action", this talk
focuses on using Apache Cordova in real world apps. It includes also some
of the best practices of using Apache Cordova with jQuery mobile on
Android, iOS and Windows Phone.

Hopefully, my proposal will be accepted to have the chance to meet you and
the other Cordova committers in Austin.

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Andrew Grieve <> wrote:

> Last year we had about a days worth of Cordova talks and ran a hackathon
> (thanks to IBM)! For me, the real value was in learning more about Apache,
> and getting to spend time with other committers.
> So... I still think it'd be good to do a few presentations. CFP is open
> until the end of the month. Audience is mostly enterprise types, Apache
> committers, and of course, ourselves. Talks on Cordova or on Apache
> processes would be good (e.g. a talk on setting up github PRs with Travis &
> AppVeyor, hint hint).
> Even more though, I think we should take the opportunity to do some work
> while co-located. There's always a lot of value in face time, and I think
> the venue suits it well (there were lots of hackathon-type rooms
> available).
> So, concretely - anyone want to state their intention of giving a talk, or
> attending? I know at least a few of us from Google are planning on going.

Hazem Saleh

Author of "JavaScript Mobile Application Development" book:

Author of four technical books:

DeveloperWorks Contributing Author

An Apache committer, IBMer, and a technical speaker