cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <>
Subject Re: [Code Review] Gradle Changes
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 19:53:58 GMT
On Tue Jan 06 2015 at 4:09:47 PM Andrew Grieve <> wrote:

> For anyone following the gradle work that's been happening, I have a PR
> that overhauls how settings are overridden. Rather than using custom
> environment variables, it uses Gradle properties. This is exactly what
> properties in gradle were designed for, and they are more flexible.
> I'd like 2 things:
> 1 - Code review for
> (Ian
> - mostly looking at you :P)

It looks pretty GTM; I've left some comments on the commit.

> 2 - Comments about whether there is a need to continue supporting the
> existing environment variables. Given that gradle is not enabled by
> default, and marked as experimental, I think they are fine to just change.

Without the environment variables, can you set the new properties if you
are running "cordova/build" from the command line? (i.e. no Android Studio,
no Cordova CLI)? If you can, and we document how to do it, then I'm okay
with removing them.

Nobody should be building tooling around the gradle build yet, until we've
released 4.0 and declared it stable. (We may want to give the ionic folks a
warning though, in case they're following master here)