cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FYI: Created a plugin to help with local plugin development
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 23:53:54 GMT
Andrew, did you test your changes in Android Studio for Windows? I am
curious how well symlinks work there.
Visual Studio and XCode both support adding file/folder references, which
would mean that saving a changed plugin native file would save it to it's
original location.  This is the way I have typically developed plugins:
- install once
- change file paths in the IDE to point to the plugin-repo directly
- debug / iterate / add functionality in the IDE
- once satisfied, remove the plugin, and re-install the way a mortal user
would, smoke test
- publish

essentially, avoiding constant re/un/installing

@purplecabbage
risingj.com