cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automatically installing missing platforms from cli
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 20:47:05 GMT
This is becoming too much discussion for this feature.

Andrew, I agree that the consequence of a magical git command is
potentially much worse than accidentally adding a cordova platform.
The only downside I see is if you pay for network data.

My criteria for choosing a feature includes evaluating how often I
think this might happen. I expect this is a very rare occurrence.

If people want this feature then by all means go for it, I am not
blocking, just discussing. Personally I don't feel the additional
bugs, code to support, and added complexity is worth the feature. I
would put this in the category of 'wouldn't it be cool if ...'

Michael, thanks for the history. cordova-cli is now a user facing
tool, and is the only way that we (as cordova-pmc) push users to build
projects.
We cannot depend on the existence of third party tools to nicefy our
workflow. This is a bigger discussion than this lone feature though.