cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Cordova/PhoneGap Local Install
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 21:16:26 GMT
..also regarding "create" not working for current folder.. the only
requirements are that the current folder has the right directory
structure.  Namely, if you already have a www/ folder and config.xml file
with a valid format, you can just "cordova platform add .." and get to work.

So, you can:
- git clone CordovaProject.git   # or do whatever else to get the stub of a
project
- npm init
- npm install cordova
- ./node_modules/cordova/bin/cordova platform add android

etc.  Now I agree that that las line is a mouthful, so you can use the
cordova-local utility I mentioned.  Also, while this does give you
different cordova-cli versions per project, they will still share global
settings and cache, and I'm not aware of a way to disable that.  Finally,
why do you want to pin the cli version?  You can pin the platform versions
and use the latest CLI usually without ill effects and often with useful
updates.

-Michal