cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: platforms/plugins save and restore from config.xml
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 19:44:50 GMT

On the dev list, the thread "MobileSpec for testing cordova-lib@rc".

>  The current implementation
>> still saves all installed plugins including dependencies and not just what
>> was explicitly added.
>>
>>  Not anymore, that was the case with the initial implementation. [1] has
> changed that many months ago.
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/commit/
> 35a3059bbbe5fcabdb74ff30b8c2845d135dada7

Thanks for pointing that out, sorry for my mistake.

>  If we add this outside experimental, and document & broadcast it, we will
>> have to support it going forward.  That will certainly influence future
>> cli
>> designs.
>>
>>  I was not aware there was a future cli design discussion.

This is sorta the point, there are various opinions and have been several
off topic bursts of discussions about changes we want to see, but we
haven't had a well formed design discussion yet.

Mostly I'm referring to the addition of a package.json at the root of a
cordova project, and the replacement of xml with json configuration,
possibly adopting the use of the web app manifest (
https://w3c.github.io/manifest/).

I don't think it wise or necessarily to block your work waiting for this
fabled future, I just want to discuss and sleep on it to make sure it
doesn't block our options.