cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@google.com>
Subject Re: Cordova Hangout Meeting Notes (January 2015)
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 19:58:32 GMT
Apparently the ML strip formatting, sorry.  Lets try another option:

Meeting Notes
• AI: PR to add api target change to android 3.7 blog post
• AI: Tools release next week to pin android 3.7 by default
• AI: Update the release docs as you go for android next time
• ApacheCon
 ◦ MS will be there
 ◦ Google will be there
 ◦ IBM is working on it, but limited options.  TBD
 ◦ Don't target end users, target ourselves and/or other Apache folk
• Browserify
 ◦ AI: Lets all read doc and comment on list
 ◦ To think about: --link
 ◦ Should we create a "working group", video hangout to focus on this task?
• cordova-ios:
 ◦ pluggable webviews are landing, so you can select
▪ There will be a cordova-ios 3.8 release
▪ There is a 4.0.x branch for ios which has pluggable webviews
 ◦ still have to test with web server for wkwebview
▪ There are still a few issues with plugins: Camera, File, but mostly works
 ◦ the bugfix for ios is still not in ios 8.2
• Phase 1: publishing plugins to npm
 ◦ Any concerns about moving forward with this?
▪ Parasuram wants to make sure we don't lose current registry for the users
already using it.
 ◦ Can add keywords to package.json keywords!  Cool idea.
▪ Not used to decide if is a plugin, still use plugin.xml for that
▪ But can be used to build websites that list npm
 ◦ generate package.json using plugman
 ◦ platforms tag in package.json
▪ Idea: move to keywords instead, ie. cordova-supported-platform-android
▪ AI: bikeshedding, lets move to ML
 ◦ Apparently lots of concerns about this whole things
▪ bikeshedding, move back to ML
 ◦ Idea: what about always download from CPR first, and fallback to npm?
▪ This way, you *have* to rename your plugin packageid to download to npm
▪ We re-publish plugins with hooks that inform users to change "cordova
plugin add org.apache.cordova.*" to "cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-*"
• Gorkems save/restore work
 ◦ Go ahead!
 ◦ explicit saves, auto restores for plugins, restore platforms only once
there are referred to (ie, cordova run ios will add ios from pinned version)
 ◦ AI: Mefire to merge his PR for --save with Gorkem’s changes
• Medic Nightly CI (Parashuram)
 ◦
• Phase 2: adding package.json
• New Faces:
 ◦ Nikhil (PR for browser platform, waiting on review)
 ◦ Mefire (PR for save/restore)
 ◦ Murat (--list, jshint, cordova-android for windows)