cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 02:43:58 GMT
Josh - thanks for pointing out that the change isn't working as intended. I
did some testing before merging, but didn't try the error conditions.

I've just reverted the one to CLI that enables the flag. Let's move forward
with releasing :)

Also noticed that if you have an older-than-master version of android
installed in your project, then you get:

$ cordova run --list
Running command:
ERROR : Run option '--list' not recognized.
ERROR running one or more of the platforms: Error:
Command failed with exit code 2
You may not have the required environment or OS to run this project

I actually do like the syntax of "cordova run --list", since the run
command is the thing that --target is relevant to anyways. Maybe
"--list-targets" would be more explicit? Adding  "cordova target add" would
be overstepping I think. You can add Android emulator targets as well, but
us writing a wrapper for the logic would just make things more complicated
I think.

I do think that having cordova-lib look for the existence of
the list-emulator-images and list-devices scripts makes sense, and just
have it call them directly.