cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Kurdumov <>
Subject Re: Crowdin and translation process
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 03:24:29 GMT
My main concern is that current translation not good.
Proof: or

These links contain two major issues with translated docs.
a) License headers
b) Missing links which could lead to missing parts of docs.
other issues are also present which also introduced by our tools.

First kind of errors was introduced as of Cordova 3.4 or like that.
There no way fix that using CrowdIn, so I fix that in the Git repo byt
sending pull request

Example of changes

Second kind of errors (missing links) could be verified by running new tool

 ./bin/translationreport ru edge -v
 ./bin/translationreport ru edge
for more details.

Really I don't trust output of CrowdIn due to way we generate
documentation. It is very easy translate sentence and broke our
autolinking in the documentation. Current process is not enough for me,
since before commit changes to Git for Russian translation
I want to manually generate Russian documentation and verify quality of
produced output using automated-tools and by manual spot-checking.
If any of tools report about problem with translation I would not commit
any changes until I resolve issue. If that mean that
I have to manually insert blank lines after pulling changes from CrowdIn, I
will do that.

I have doubts that this is practical follow this approach for other
languages, that's why separation. If you are ready to
go with that approach for all other languages, I would be more then happy
not to separate Russian. I want find solution/process where all
we would work with same set of tools, plus I will use additional tools to
raise quality bar for Russian.

Want to notice that I don't want to dump CrowdIn from the process, it is
very good to for translation,
but not for the verification of the translated results. Reason that I made
pull request on GitHub directly,
it is because CrowdIn does not allow do what I need.

Hopefully this is clears picture from my side.

BTW: another problem is that I GMT +6 which is 11 hours different from East
side of  US and 14 from West side of US.
Add some communication problems.