cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Kurdumov <kant2...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Thought on improving translation and docs
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 22:53:04 GMT
Make is good idea. I definitely interested in faster generation time.
The only reasonable tool for me from JS community is Jake. Gulp and Grunt
would not provide any additional benefit for my implementation.
I'm not even sure that Rake would be more maintainable solution then
implementing logic in the application itself.

With my last improvements for CB-8246. On my PC full generation time went
down from 1584 sec to 1111 sec. See [1]

Right now the fastest way to improve overall generation time is to chain
post-processing steps in such way that
a) cheerio would not parse HTML each step
b) Intermediate results would not be written to the disk.
That's hopefully would bring us additional ~20-30% improvements from
current state.

After that bottleneck would be in joDoc-js, hopefully that's also has
enough places for improvements.

Maybe after that changes I would be able to regenerate single file, to
speedup subsequent generation even further.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/pull/253